le truc mock-up

le truc mock-up
you like? let us know.

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Imagine le truc

(The following excerpt from our business plan was written by Chef Hugh)

There is no law requiring catering trucks to serve unwholesome, careless cuisine. The “roach coach” has traditionally served food that provides instant gratification without much thought to nutrition or health. In fact, San Francisco law prohibits the sale of street food within a quarter mile of any school due to the assumption that all such food is devoid of nutrition, full of fat, and unworthy of children’s lunch dollars.

Enter le truc, which will create a new standard for street food. Imagine healthy, carefully sourced, artfully prepared food, yet served out of the side of a full-sized bus that runs on its own fryer oil. Imagine eating a balanced meal for $10. Imagine going to a concert and eating something besides pizza, hot dogs, or hamburgers. Imagine le truc.

le truc is the brainchild of Chef Hugh Schick, and will be brought to fruition with the help of Blake Tally. As a consultant for start-ups, Chef Hugh has noticed the struggle of brick-and-mortar eateries in the current economic climate. High-profile fine dining establishments continue to open as if nothing has happened, but there is more competition than ever, and value is the only guarantee of success. Many eateries are lowering prices and even retooling to accommodate the change in consumer spending habits.

Simultaneously, interest in street food is booming. Suddenly, taco trucks are just one of many games in town. In San Francisco, we now have crème brulee carts, bacon-wrapped hot dogs, pork-belly-and-jicama sandwiches, creperies, and myriad other options.


My goal for this blog is to share some of my experiences in the hope that people share and support my vision - food, service, fun. My number one priority is to take care of my "believers" and my team. I know that I will not always have all of the answers but I promise that I will tell you how it is, no-matter how ugly it gets. The last fortune cookie I ate said, "your luck is about to change" . . . well here goes . . .

1 comment: